- New Lindsay Buroker Books
- Star Kingdom Series
- Fractured Stars Series
- Agents of the Crown
- Heritage of Power Series
- Sky Full of Stars Series
- Fallen Empire Series
- Chains of Honor Series
- Dragon Blood Series
- Swords & Salt Series
- Rust & Relics Series
- Forgotten Ages Series
- Flash Gold Chronicles
- Goblin Brothers Adventures Series
- Emperor’s Edge Series
- Lindsay Buroker Biography
- Keep Exploring
Last Updated on
Last Updated onLindsay Buroker is an author with a somewhat different career path than most other authors. She is also a professional blogger, whereby she is constantly writing online about her author experiences and sharing tips with other writers on self-publishing and marketing books. With series such as the Emperor’s Edge, Flash Gold Chronicles, and Forgotten Ages, Lindsay has established herself as a bestselling science-fiction, steampunk, and fantasy author with her books being read all over the world.
Under the pseudonym Ruby Lionsdrake she also writes paranormal romances.
Here are the Lindsay Buroker books in order for her numerous books spread across almost 15 different series. The series are listed from the latest one to the oldest one, and the books are updated on a regular basis.
New Lindsay Buroker Books
Star Kingdom Series
- Shockwave (Star Kingdom #1), 2019
- Ship of Ruin (Star Kingdom #2), 2019
- Hero Code (Star Kingdom #3), 2019
- Crossfire (Star Kingdom #4), 2019
- Gate Quest (Star Kingdom #5), 2019
- Knight Protector (Star Kingdom #5.5), 2019
Fractured Stars Series
Agents of the Crown
- Eye of Truth (Agents of the Crown #1), 2018
- Blood Ties (Agents of the Crown #2), 2018
- Duty Bound (Agents of the Crown #3), 2018
- Elven Fury (Agents of the Crown #4), 2018
- Dragon Tear (Agents of the Crown #5), 2018
Heritage of Power Series
- Dragon Storm (Heritage of Power #1), 2017
- Revelations (Heritage of Power #2), 2017
- Origins (Heritage of Power #3), 2018
- Unraveled (Heritage of Power #4), 2018
- Gold Dragon (Heritage of Power #5), 2018
Sky Full of Stars Series
- The Rogue Prince (Sky Full of Stars #1), 2017
- Angle of Truth (Sky Full of Stars #2), 2017
- Stolen Legacy (Sky Full of Stars #3), 2017
Fallen Empire Series
- Star Nomad (Fallen Empire #1), 2016
- Honor’s Flight (Fallen Empire #2), 2016
- Starseers (Fallen Empire #3), 2016
- Relic of Sorrows (Fallen Empire #4), 2016
- Cleon Moon (Fallen Empire #5), 2016
- Arkadian Skies (Fallen Empire #6), 2016
- Perilous Hunt (Fallen Empire #7), 2016
- End Game (Fallen Empire #8), 2016
- Cyborg Legacy (Fallen Empire #9), 2017
Chains of Honor Series
- Warrior Mage (Chains of Honor #1), 2015
- Snake Heart (Chains of Honor #2), 2016
- Assassin’s Bond (Chains of Honor #3), 2019
- Great Chief (Chains of Honor #4), 2019
Dragon Blood Series
- Balanced on the Blade’s Edge (Dragon Blood #1), 2014
- Deathmaker (Dragon Blood #2), 2014
- Blood Charged (Dragon Blood #3), 2014
- Patterns in the Dark (Dragon Blood #4), 2014
- The Blade’s Memory (Dragon Blood #5), 2015
- Under the Ice Blades (Dragon Blood #5.5), 2015
- Raptor (Dragon Blood #6), 2015
- Soulblade (Dragon Blood #7), 2015
- The Fowl Proposal (Dragon Blood #7.1), 2016
- Shattered Past (Dragon Blood #7.5), 2016
- Oaths (Dragon Blood #8), 2018
Swords & Salt Series
- A Question of Honor (Sword & Salt #1), 2013
- Labyrinths of the Heart (Sword & Salt #2), 2013
- Death from Below (Sword & Salt #3), 2013
Rust & Relics Series
- Torrent (Rust & Relics #1), 2013
- Destiny Unchosen (Rust & Relics #1.5), 2014
- Thorn Fall (Rust & Relics #2), 2014
Forgotten Ages Series
- Encrypted (Forgotten Ages #1), 2012
- Enigma (Forgotten Ages #1.5), 2012
- Decrypted (Forgotten Ages #2), 2013
Flash Gold Chronicles
- Flash Gold (Flash Gold #1), 2011
- Hunted (Flash Gold #2), 2011
- Peacemaker (Flash Gold #3), 2012
- Claimed (Flash Gold #4), 2014
- Liberty (Flash Gold #5), 2016
Goblin Brothers Adventures Series
Emperor’s Edge Series
- Shadows Over Innocence, 2012 (Emperor’s Edge #0.5)
- The Emperor’s Edge (Emperor’s Edge #1), 2010
- Ice Cracker II (Emperor’s Edge #0.5), 2011
- Dark Currents (Emperor’s Edge #2), 2012
- The Assassin’s Curse (Emperor’s Edge #2.5), 2012
- Deadly Games (Emperor’s Edge #3), 2012
- Conspiracy (Emperor’s Edge #4), 2012
- Blood and Betrayal (Emperor’s Edge #5), 2012
- Beneath the Surface (Emperor’s Edge #5.5), 2013
- Forged in Blood I (Emperor’s Edge #6), 2013
- Forged in Blood II (Emperor’s Edge #7), 2013
- Solstice Day Gifts (Emperor’s Edge #7.5), 2014
- Republic (Emperor’s Edge #8), 2014
- Diplomats and Fugitives (Emperor’s Edge #9), 2015
Lindsay Buroker Biography
Lindsay Buroker was born in Seattle, Washington. She began reading books from the early age of 3, since her mom encouraged her to read from the very beginning. By the age of 6, Lindsay would make up stories in her head and write them down. Initially, she would start many books but never finish them until she decided to become more serious with her writing and end her novels as well.
She did want to become a published author from early on, although she didn’t publish her novels until some years passed. She was always interested in fantasy, so writing in this genre felt right to her.
When she decided to write her first book as an author, she had a full-time job, so time was tight. Thus, she would strive to achieve several thousand words every day until the book was done.
In 2003, when she left the army, she suffered from several health issues which made it difficult for her to have a regular job. Thus, blogging from home allowed her to stay at home and write from the comfort of her own couch or deks. Also, as she had pain in her hands, she would use Dragon Naturally Speaking to dictate her book, thus freeing her hands from typing.
At some point, Lindsay joined an online creative writing workshop where she got the chance to get her writing critiqued and to do the same with other authors’ manuscripts.
In 2010, she learned about the Kindle self-publishing way, and the rest is history. She read several other authors’ blog posts on their earnings and their success with self-published books, such as posts by Rachel Aaron and J.A. Konrath, and this is when she realized that she could also achieve her life-long dream of becoming a full-time writer.
Initially, she tried to get an agent who would sell her books, but the agents would always be very late in coming back, if at all, so after reading J.A. Konrath’s blog posts on becoming prolific with self-publishing, her path in life became very clear. She already had two manuscripts ready by then.
The first Lindsay Buroker book published was The Emperor’s Edge, which also became the first book in the same-titled series. It was one of the first four she published in 2010 on her own.
Reading the Lindsay Buroker books in order is worth it, even though she has written over 60 books so far. Many are set in the world that started it all, in the Emperor’s Edge series. For example, the short novella trilogy Swords & Salt, the Encrypted series, and the Chains of Honor series are all part of the Emperor’s Edge universe.
While Lindsay Buroker grew up in Seattle, at some point she moved to Arizona, where she currently lives. Over the years, Lindsay had several jobs, including that of a lifeguard, a US soldier working in the area of communications (thus no direct combat experience), a systems administrator, as well as a full-time blogger. By the time she wrote her first books, she was already self-employed as a blogger, so she didn’t have to quit any day job to devote her time to writing. Also, as there was money coming in from her affiliate marketing blogs, that eased the transition to writing books full time.
Now, along with the many books she published, in between Lindsay also writes short stories that readers can access for free on her websites. The stories are related to her various series and either tie various small loose ends or allow readers to get a glimpse into various more cryptic characters. With over 70 books written so far, Lindsay Buroker has by now established as a bestselling fantasy, and even science-fiction author, with many of her books focusing on the steampunk subgenre.
Lindsay Buroker is also active in the indie writers’ community, helping other authors learn the craft and market themselves. She is part of the 20booksto50k Facebook group which is geared toward indie authors, new and veterans.
- Lindsay Buroker official website
- Author interview on earning a full-time income from writing
- Online Writing Workshop for Authors that Lindsay Buroker took
- 20Booksto50k Facebook group