Short Cainsville tales
A Collection of Cainsville Tales
Cainsville, Illinois. A town founded by fae escaping the Old World. A town both part of the world and cut off from it. A town that a young woman will run to, fleeing her past, only to discover that her past extends further than she ever imagined, into the distant history of Cainsville itself.
Collected in this volume are the stories of the town’s past, of the people and the fae she will eventually meet. An anthology of seven short stories in the Cainsville urban fantasy series revolving around the tale of Mallt-y-nos and her relationship with Gwynn ap Nudd and Arawn.
1) The Screams of Dragons – A child tormented by visions of fae castles and fierce dragons.
2) Devil May Care – A hobgoblin who tries in vain to avoid his role in an ancient prophecy.
3) Gabriel’s Gargoyles – A boy, the product of that prophecy, who wants only a Solstice gift for his aunt.
4) Bad Publicity – A writer who discovers all publicity is not really good publicity after all.
5) The Orange Cat – An orange cat who won’t quite stay dead.
6) Matagot – brand-new for this collection – Another cat with more than his nine lives, one continually reborn to right an ancient wrong.
7) The Lady of the Lake – And, finally, a story of Olivia herself, the young woman who ran there, now running away, searching for something she can’t quite find.